Apply For Lunch Application
- ApplyforLunch online allows a parent to submit applications for school meal benefits online
- There are no cost associated with the ApplyForLunch service
- The site is managed by Heartland School Solutions and provides a step by step guide
- The ApplyForLunch site works best with the latest Firefox, Internet Explorer 8+, latest Opera, latest Safari and latest Google Chrome
ApplyForLunch offers an easy application process and requires the school district that the child or children are enrolled in to being. User will enter the school district based on zip code or state. If the states does not offer the ApplyForLunch program the user will see “No district found”. Any questions or concerns about this service should be directed to the school district for immediate assistance.
- The online application will take 15-30 minutes depending on the household size
- The application CANNOT be saved
- All applications will be reviews and implemented within 10 working days under USDA guidelines
- Time is shortened dramatically when applying online versus through the mail
- Some children may qualify for free or reduced cost meals under ‘USDA Income Eligibility Guidelines‘
- Free or reduced meals are normally for poor families who live in poverty or near poverty conditions
Any questions about the online application should be directed to the school district’s Nutrition and Food Services department.
The ApplyForLunch program is part of the National School Lunch Program which provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost or free lunches to poor students most likely from broken families. This program was created by President Harry Truman in 1946 and operates in both public and nonprofit private schools.
- Domain: applyforlunch.com
- Operated by: Heartland School Solutions in association with the National School Lunch Program
- Designed for: Parents and school children