Ocwen TCPA Settlement
- Obtain all the ugly details associated with the class action lawsuit entitled Snyder, et al., v. Ocwen Loan Servicing,
LLC which is listed as case number 1:14-cv-08461 (N.D. Ill.)
- The case is currently under review and pending a fairness hearing in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- The proposed settlement pool has been set at a whooping ,500,000!
The Ocwen Loan Servicing TCPA class action lawsuit revolves around claims that Ocwen an automatic telephone dialing system to contact customers without gaining their consent. Calling customers using an automated dialer without gaining consent is in violation of the TCPA. Ocwen denies they conducted any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a whooping 17.5 million dollar settlement in order to avoid future expenses associated with a long, drawn out trial (that could easily top 17.5 million dollars).
Roger that – but who is a class member?
Class members in the case are defined as anyone who received a phone call from Ocwen using their Aspect dialing system between August 27, 2019 and August 6, 2019. The settlement FAQ page states that 1,685,757 specific cell phone numbers were dialed!Advertisement:
OcwenTCPASettlement.com Contact Information
- Ocwen TCPA Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 3775, Portland, OR 97208-3775
- 1-888-723-1549 between 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. PST Monday to Friday
Class members do not have to hire lawyers as the court has approved the law firms of Terrell Marshall Law Group, PLLC and Burke Law Offices, LLC. Beth E. Terrell and Adrienne D. McEntee will represent the law office of Terrell Marshall Law Group, PLLC while the notorious Alexander H. Burke will represent his firm.
Those who will get settlement payment would need a reliable credit card where they put it. These people can choose GetMyOffer.CapitalOne.com to apply for and their problem solved.
Ocwen has hired Brian V. Otero from the law firm of Hunton & Williams, LLP (200 Park Avenue, 52nd Floor, New York, NY 10166).
Those not happy with the settlement amount can request to attend the fairness hearing which will take place at United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 219 S. Dearborn St., Chicago, Illinois 60604, in Courtroom 2103 on 4/5/18.