Spotify Publishing Class Action Settlement
- The lawsuit against Spotyfi was filed by Melissa Ferrick, Jacquo Pastorius, Inc., and Gerencia 360 Publishing, Inc.
- Сlass members have been awarded a $43,450,000 settlement pool by courts
- 06/29/18 is a cut-off date to file a claim
GCG administers SpotifyPublishingSettlement.com. The Spotify Publishing Class Action Lawsuits claims that class members own copyrights for which registration has been issued or applied for in musical compositions that Spotify made available for interactive streaming and/or limited downloading without a license, and that Spotify did so with respect to other musical compositions owned by others.
Class members in the Spotify Publishing class action lawsuit are defined as:
Read also: Who can apply for the Dollar Tree Client Feedback Survey — dollar tree sweepstakesAdvertisement:
- First, you must have rights of the copyright in a musical composition
- Second, a certificate of registration from the United States Copyright Office must have been requested for or have been received on or before June 29, 2019.
- Third, Spotify must have made that musical composition available for interactive streaming and/or limited downloading without a license between August 28, 2019 and June 29, 2019
No one knows how much money any one class member will receive and will depend on the total number of streams of all class members’ claimed musical works.
SpotifyPublishingSettlement.com Lawsuit Notes
- Spotify reject any wrong actions but have agreed to settle in order to avoid the unknown cost of litigation
- The lawsuit is entitled Ferrick V. Spotify US Inc and listed as case number 1:16-cv-8412 (AJN)
- The United States District Court For The Southern District of New York is considering a statement on the trial of the Spotify Publishing Class Action Lawsuit
- Class members claim Spotify was in violation of copyright infringement in violation of 17 U.S.C. §§ 101 et seq.
- Claim forms are available online
Spotify Publishing Class Action Settlement Contact Info
- Mail: Ferrick v. Spotify, c/o GCG, PO Box 10371, Dublin, Ohio 43017-5571
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 1 (855) 474-3853